Instead of the child going to the X-Ray Unit, we bring the X-Ray equipment to the child. With a handheld X-Ray unit, we can take radiographs while the child is entertained watching a movie. This latest technology in digital radiography also has the added benefit of emitting less radiation than other forms of X-ray technology*.
* Image Quality and Radiation Dose Comparison for Intraoral Radiography: Hand-held, Battery Powered versus Conventional X-ray Systems, Joel Gray, Ph.D.; Edgar D. Bailey, CHP; John Ludlow (School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina.)
Nitrous Oxide "Laughing Gas"
Nitrous Oxide “Laughing Gas” is an inhalable gas that helps relieve anxiety and allows the child to have a more pleasant experience during his/her visit to the dentist. With little known side effects, laughing gas is a great tool for fearful and apprehensive patients who are unable to cope with the dental treatment.
Intraoral Camera (Polaris)
The use of an intraoral camera allows us to take a picture of your child's teeth and show them on a large computer screen. This enables both parents and the dentist to see any cavities, fractures, gum disease, etc. with much more clarity.
The comfort of your child is of paramount importance to us. We provide entertainment and movies while your child receives dental treatment. This form of distraction has been proven to reduce anxiety and stress in fearful patients. In fact, the use of television has reduced the number of children needing more advanced behavior management techniques such as sedation and hospital dentistry.
Under Armour Mouthwear
Powered by ArmourBite™ Mouthwear Technology
With improved airflow and less stress from clenching, UA Performance Mouthwear has been proven to increase strength by an average of 17% with the UA Performance Mouthpiece and 12% with the UA Performance Mouthguard.
UA Performance Mouthwear,enlarges airway openings, resulting in 25% less lactic acid build-up after 30 minutes of intense exercise.
Speeds Up Reaction Time
Athletes may respond faster When wearing UA Performance Mouthwear. Clinical trials show an improvement in responding to auditory cues and potential improvement in response to visual cues.
Reduces Athletic Stress
Excess cortisol causes stress, fatigue and distraction. UA Performance Mouthwear decreases cortisol production, which means you feel & play better.
When the jaw suffers an impact, energy can be transmitted to the head, which can cause concussion. UA Performance Mouthguards have been shown to reduce the G-Force impact of blows to the jaw by up to 20%.
Protection and Performance
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- HOW DOES UA PERFORMANCE MOUTHWEAR DIFFER FROM MOUTHGUARDS?
Mouthguards provide protection. UA Performance Mouthwear, which includes mouthpieces and mouthguards powered by ArmourBite™ Technology,does more: It enhances performance. It is not only backed by some of the biggest names in pro sports, it's also recommended by dentists, pro trainers, strength coaches and well ness experts.
- WHO SHOULD USE UA PERFORMANCE MOUTHWEAR? Hundreds of professional athletes are currently relying on the superior performance and protection benefits of UA Performance Mouthwear. But it isn't just for pros-UA Performance Mouthwear is for all athletes who want to excel in their sport or activity.
- HOW DO I CHOOSE THE RIGHT PRODUCT? The UA Performance Mouthguard offers superior protection in addition to its performance benefits and should be used in contact sports such as football, hockey and lacrosse. The UA Performance Mouthpieces appropriate for non-contact and limited-contact sports such as running, soccer, baseball, golf, tennis and training.
- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET ACUSTOM PIECE OF UA PERFORMANCE MOUTHWEAR? Once fitted, the orders typically take 10 days for delivery. Talk to your dentist about shipping options to receive your product sooner.
American Pediatric Dental Group
10021 Pines Boulevard, Suite 100
Pembroke Pines, Florida 33024
18503 Pines Boulevard, Suite 304
Pembroke Pines, FL 33029